OnPoint’s commitment to quality is expressed by our fleet of management systems – Quality Management System (QMS), IT Service Management System (ITSMS) and Information Security Management System (ISMS). Our dedication to these systems means higher quality services and products to our clients tied to an emphasis on continual process and system improvement.
Our Cybersecurity service portfolio provides both consulting and staff augmentation services with experienced, credentialed staff. Our staff possess the highest security clearances as well as certifications such as CISM, CISSP, CAP, and PMP.
Our service delivery approach focuses on Federal Cybersecurity risk management and compliance. Regulatory compliance includes the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance, and Agency policies and directives. Frameworks used include National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503.
Quality Management – OnPoint leverages our ISO 9001:2008-certified Quality Management System (QMS) and CMMI Maturity Level 3 solution development processes, which includes detailed processes for planning and monitoring project performance, and the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) framework.
OnPoint’s Cybersecurity services ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and accountability of our customers’ information and information systems. OnPoint’s services include:
Risk Management and Compliance Services
- Security assessment and authorization (SA&A, previously called certification and accreditation) using National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) special publications (SP) including SP 800-37, SP 800-53, and SP 800-53A; as well as DIACAP, and ICD 503
- Development of compliant security assessment documentation
- Governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) services through long-term staff such as an Information Systems Security Officer or Manager
- Risk Assessments using NIST 800-30, 800-18 and 800-53A
- Vulnerability Assessments for networks, systems, applications, and databases using Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)-validated tools that leverage the National
- Vulnerability Database (NVD) and configuration standards such as U.S. Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB), Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140, and Secure
- Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Internal and external penetration testing
- Disaster Recovery / Continuity of Operations (COOP) / Contingency Planning
- Development and/or management of an effective cybersecurity program
- Development, implementation, and/or management of leveraged security services
- Establishment of managed security services (MSS) offering
- Vulnerability Intelligence Solutions
- Firewalls / VPN / IDS / PKI / Smart Cards / Biometrics
Security Awareness and Training Services
- Web-based and Computer-based (CBT) training programs
- Training Classes for all levels – System Admin to End Users
Program Management Office (PMO)
- Program Management and Administrative Support
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified Project Managers
Network & System Architecture & Engineering
- Security architecture design, review, and development
- Engineering services for security devices and security products
- Monitoring, incident management, incident response, threat assessment, forensic analysis and investigation, and investigation services
- Development and/or management of leveraged security operations center (SOC) and incident response capabilities.
OnPoint leverages our ISO 9001:2008-certified Quality Management System (QMS) and CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3 solution development processes, which includes detailed processes for planning and monitoring project performance, and the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) framework.
Systems Development Life Cycle – OnPoint adheres to a structured systems development life cycle (SDLC) that ensures a consistently high level of quality and customer satisfaction, but is flexible enough to meet evolving and dynamic requirements.
- Phase 1: Planning & Requirements Definition/Analysis
- Phase 2: Design & Development
- Phase 3: Testing & Acceptance
- Phase 4: Operations & Maintenance
OnPoint’s enterprise systems services are designed to ensure the availability and reliability of our customers’ critical network resources. OnPoint’s services include:
- Enterprise Architecture
- Requirements Analysis
- Systems Development
- Operations and Maintenance
- Security Administration
- Database Administration
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Support
- System Integration
- Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading
- Configuration Management and Change Control
ITIL/ITSM – Our service delivery approach is based on the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) IT Service Management (ITSM) framework. OnPoint recognizes that the Help Desk / Service Desk is the customer-facing “front-line” for most IT organizations. We indoctrinate our Help Desk / Service Desk staff in ITIL Foundations training to establish a baseline for acceptable performance.
Quality Management – In addition to the ITIL/ITSM framework, OnPoint leverages our ISO 9001:2008-certified Quality Management System (QMS) and CMMI Maturity Level 3 solution development processes, which includes detailed processes for planning and monitoring project performance, and the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) framework.
OnPoint’s infrastructure services are designed to ensure the availability and reliability of our customers’ critical network resources. OnPoint was recognized with the Department of Energy Chief Information Officer’s (CIO’s) Information Management Quality Award for our network and systems engineering support to the DOE Office of Science. OnPoint’s services include:
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT Service Management
- LAN/WAN Management
- Configuration Management and Change Control
- Server Management and Administration
- Systems Maintenance and Operations
- Data Center Operations
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Continuity of Operations
User Experience Design
OnPoint User Experience Design Services
User Experience (UX) goes beyond interaction and visual design. It is the core for guaranteeing the success or failure of your business. UX is the gateway between how users interact with your products or services, therefore you need to ensure that their experience using your website or application are seamless. Our user experience teams provide insight into:
- How to prioritize and focus choices about product and/or service features and design that will enhance the overall user experience
- Establishing a meaningful customer experience program by listening to and engaging your users to gain key insights that will differentiate your business in the marketplace
- Assessing overall organizational needs to achieve business goals
- Reviewing established activities to introduce UX best practices, tools, and processes
- Working with your leadership teams to develop a pragmatic roadmap and strategy to achieve and exceed your business goals linked to both your product and user experience goals
At OnPoint, we take best practices into account that span across a variety of areas, some of which include user research, information architecture, content strategy, interaction design, visual design, usability, and web design/development, to name a few.
The essence of user research is to test-drive your solution and provide you with feedback before and after your product or service is delivered and received.
We select users that would typically use your product and/or service, interview them, create scenarios & tasks for them and moderate usability testing sessions. We record their feedback, facial expressions, and their tone of voice to achieve the best possible understanding of their perception of your product or service. We analyze all that information and synthesize our findings in a form that can be used right away to enhance your offering.
We use varied research and auditing techniques to uncover and understand the unique challenges involved for your project. From this research and analysis, we produce our recommended strategy for your product’s or service’s development.
Some of the research activities we engage in include (but are not limited to):
- Requirements Gathering
- Customer Journey/Experience Mapping
- Expert Review
- Audience/Ethnographic Analysis
- Persona Development
- Stakeholder & User Workshops
- Online Surveys
- Contextual Inquiry
- Card Sorting
- User Scenarios
- User Storyboarding & Story Mapping Sessions
- Competitive Analysis
- Features Analysis
- Content Audit, Production & Strategy
- Gap Analysis
- Guiding Principles Analysis
- Strategy Definition
- Usability Testing
- User Interviews
- Focus Groups
Information Architecture (IA)
The main purpose of your product and/or service is to ensure that your end users and customers are able to find the information they need to complete a task in a timely manner. Your website or application must be organized in such a way that is consistent, intuitive and reflects your organization’s objectives and goals. Our IA’s are experts in organizing information into structures that are logical and intuitive. This requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of information science.
Typical IA activities and deliverables include (but are not limited to):
- Site Maps
- Story Boards
- Task Flows / User Journeys
- Card Sorting
- Mind, Concept, & Scope Mapping
- Low-fidelity Prototypes
- High-fidelity (Interactive) Prototypes
- Cross Platform Architecture
- User Interface Sketching
- Design Pattern Libraries
Your website or application serves an important purpose: providing essential information to your users. More often than not, this information is in the form of written content.
Logically, you want that content to address the needs of your users. It must be up-to-date, intuitive, easy to find, and encourage your users to read – and buy – your products and services. We’ll work with you to identify your user base and define the key messages you should be providing them.
We identify, evaluate and design the interactions your users have with your products and services.
We orchestrate those interactions and make sure that they are consistent with your site’s IA, your business goals and your users’ expectations. It’s a magical synergy of form, function and interaction.
Visual design is the “look” in the “look and feel”, however it’s also much more. Visual design gives a face to your brand, builds an emotional connection and ensures the proper communication of ideas and functions. Our visual designers have a broad understanding of a variety of distinct industry environments. Their main task is to listen to your needs and come up with creative solutions; it’s all about communication.
Visual design establishes a clear understanding of the purpose and meaning of your solution.
Our usability team will evaluate the overall experience of your product or service, drawing on their expertise and extensive experience, as well as established heuristics for different systems. You will receive a full report with our findings that includes a comprehensive list of recommendations.
Because your product or service is continuously evolving, we offer a range of evaluation and testing techniques to help you stay competitive and compelling in your marketplace:
- Expert Reviews
- Usability Testing (Remote & Onsite)
- Contextual Inquiries
- Performance Analytics
- Stakeholder & User Interviews
- Stakeholder & User Workshops
We create websites and applications that are functional and standards based. We ensure they provide ideal user experiences that align with your business’ objectives and goals. Our web teams are fully knowledgeable and up-to-date with WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 web based standards.
Our web teams are skilled in designing and delivering a wide-range of products & services:
- Enterprise Software
- Web & Desktop Applications
- Complex Websites
- Mobile platforms